EVERY MWC coach MUST complete Four Steps to be on the mat at anytime whether it be practice or a meet!
#1 Register With USA Wrestling
Create a new account or sign into your existing one. If you have not created a profile, follow Step 1 and do so.
Once your profile is created you can go to Step 2: Memberships. From here, the coach level of membership is titled "Wrestling Leader", select purchase for that. It may ask for you to verify your profile, is so find and select it.
#2 Complete Safe Sport Certification (FREE)
- Coaches are required to complete Safe Sport Certification every year
- Follow the link provided within the USAW Membership order process
- Click on Log In, create a new account
- Have your USA Membership # handy
- Follow the prompts to take the free Safe Sport Certification Course
- The first year you complete this, have at least an hour or two set aside to finish it, the following years you will get a more streamlined process
#3 BACKGROUND CHECK
Coaches are required to complete a background check every two years. Before issuing a current coaches' card, your club will require you to provide proof that you have passed the background check. The background check is free. Here are the instructions on what you need to do to complete your background check:
- From the USAW Membership order process, click the link for the background check.
- Sign in or create a new account, if necessary
- Follow the prompts and provide any information asked for
- After the background check is complete you will receive an email notice indicating whether or not you have successfully passed the background check. Forward this confirmation notice to the club email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It may take a few days before you are cleared, it advertises up to 10 days, mine only took a day and a half
#4 Purchase Your WRESTLING LEADER MEMBERSHIP
- Coaches must purchase their Wrestling Leader membership online. They cannot be purchased through our state office. To purchase a Wrestling Leader membership go to USAW Membership
- Once your background check has cleared, return to USAW Membership to continue the Wrestling Leader Membership purchase processs
- Send me a copy of your NEWLY PURCHASED CARD to email@example.com
- Once you have purchased your membership, when you sign into USAW Membership you can click on the link "Go To Memberships" and then click on "Print Cards" to download and/or print your Wrestling Leader Card
- Some tournaments will require proof of membership before allowing you to coach, please have your card printed before tournaments get rolling